1. Download your free BitBean Wallet
Download a compatible wallet for your computer from the “BitBean Wallet Versions” column on the right.
2. Get BitBean
You can get BitBean (traded as BITB) from currently nine exchanges. You can find links to them under the “GET BITBEAN” drop-down menu, where you can buy and sell them for Bitcoins, Dogecoins, Litecoins, and other digital currencies. Once you have purchased and withdrawn your BitBeans from an exchange into your personal wallet, you will be able to use them anywhere BitBean are accepted.
3. Use BitBean
After you have your BitBeans in your wallet you can use them or sprout them. With BitBeans in your wallet you'll be able to find new blocks (through a process known as "sprouting") and earn more BitBeans! BitBean is one of the first PoS ("Proof of Stake") digital currencies which reward active wallets with static block rewards of 1,000 BitBean (Also known as a "Sprout"). Check the "ABOUT" menu item at the top of the page to learn more about sprouting BitBeans and how you can optimize your sprouting.
DNS Seeder Servers Are Up: You will not need to download or setup a BitBean.conf file. Use these instructions only if necessary - if you should not be able to automaticaly syncronize with the network.
Warning: Make sure to first run BitBean one time then close it. This will create the data folder which BitBean.conf is placed in.
Place the BitBean.conf file into the proceeding data directory for your operating system.
Right Click the associated BitBean.conf and Select "Save Link As" - saving to the respective data folder for your operating system, as indicated below:
- To open your AppData Folder: Press the Windows Key+R then type: %appdata%
- Click the link and save the file to your Downloads Folder and Unzip Note: Mac OS does not show hidden files by default, so you will have to follow these intructions to open your BitBean data folder.
- Open the Finder.
- Choose Go from menu bar and hold down the Shift+Command+G keys.
- Type this into the text box and press go: ~/Library/Application Support/BitBean/
- Copy the BitBean.conf that you downloaded and unzipped in the earlier step, to this folder.
This will open up a folder. If you can see wallet.dat file, you are in the right folder.
Synchronize Your Wallet With the BitBean Blockchain Faster!
A lot of users want to synchronize their "wallets" with the blockchain quicker. Here are some notes to follow if you would like to try it:
- Make sure you are able to synchronize with the network and are getting more than one connection.
- Encrypt your Wallet with a Passphrase using the Menu - Settings - Encrypt Vault.
- Backup your Wallet using the Menu - File - Backup Vault. It is recommended to backup two copies to offline media (USB drive/devices).
- Stop BitBean from running with the Menu - File - Exit.
- Open the Folder where you put BitBean.conf originally and delete all subfolders and files except: BitBean.conf, peers.dat, wallet.dat
- Download this file and save it to the same BitBean folder as the files you kept.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to the same BitBean folder.
- Select Skip/Keep Original when prompted to overwrite the original peers.dat file.
- After the extraction is complete, restart BitBean.